The Kerrisdale Community Centre is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to provide program planning, supervision and direct leadership for the Summer Safaris Camp. We are looking to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Safaris Daycamp Leaders (6-12yrs Camp)
Term: (June 21-September 3) | 40 hours/week for 11 weeks
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hour*
*All positions will receive 4% vacation pay on top of their hourly rate of pay
*Note: Job position start & end date may change due to the current circumstances. Download pdf here.
Responsibilities of the Daycamp Leaders will include:
- Plan and develop daily and weekly age-appropriate activities working with weekly themes including: Mini walking out-trips, arts & crafts and games
- Provide direct leadership and instruction for daily activities and outings by supervising children, ensuring safety of children and organizing and implementing planned activities
- Communicate with parents who may have questions and concerns regarding the daycamp program and forward major questions and concerns to the Day Camp Manager and/or Recreation Programmer
- Work with other Recreation Staff at the Kerrisdale Community Centre to ensure the efficient operation of the daycamp program
- Supervise, evaluate and mentor program volunteers (To be confirmed)
- Ensure that campers and staff maintain physical distance, limit sharing of materials and ensure environments are cleaned regularly.
- Follow all safety procedures as outline in the Summer Day Camp COVID-19 safety plan.
- Provide some administrative support to the Daycamp Manager
Qualifications required for the Daycamp Leader position:
- Be available to work for the entire duration of the camp (no vacation or leave will be granted)
- Knowledge of and experience with age-appropriate activities for children and demonstrated experience in problem-solving
- One or more years of professional experience working with children in a daycamp, childcare or recreational setting and some educational courses relating to child development, recreation, social services or a related field
- A minimum of Emergency First Aid and CPR ‘B’ is required (CPR ‘C’ is preferred)
- Employment is subject to successful clearance of Police Record Check including vulnerable sectors search
- Applicants must between the ages of 15-30
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Applicants do not need to be students.
Please forward your cover letter and resume via mail, fax or email by Monday April 5, 2021 to:
Kerrisdale Community Centre
5851 West Boulevard, Vancouver BC, V6M 3W9
We thank all applicants but only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.