Kerrisdale Exercise Room
Located in the Kerrisdale Community Centre at 5851 West Boulevard Vancouver, B.C.
(Corner of West Boulevard and West 42nd Avenue)
Exercise Room Fees, Registration and Hours
Exercise Room Description
Beginning September 7, the Exercise Room will transition from its pre-registered 1-hour bookings back to casual/drop-in use. All exercise room areas and equipment will be available throughout the centre’s hours of operation. While physical distancing is not mandatory, participants are asked to respect the personal space of other users. Face masks are required while in the centre except when engaged in physical activity. All exercise room users are asked to obtain a bottle of disinfectant upon entry and clean equipment after use.
– Increased Hours: mornings, afternoons and evenings
– Added Wednesday Evening Sessions
– Increased workout sessions to 60 mins
– Drop-ins will be accepted (see below)
– Increased per session capacity from 18 to 24 spots. Pre-registration of (20) spots & (4) drop-ins spots per session time.
– Redistributed equipment to optimize workouts
– Mask/face coverings are recommended indoors
To optimize patron safety and well being, we are:
– Limiting the number of people who can visit at one time
– Creating timed exercise room sessions (60 minutes)
– Selling pre-registered spots online for exercise room sessions
– Limiting drop-in spots to (4) per session
– Ensuring equipment is cleaned after every use
– Having (5) different work out zones – Maximum time limit in each is 30 mins
Fitness Equipment (Work Out Zones Pictured)
We have created (5) Different Work Out Zones.
Due to COVID-19 safety measures, we have reduced and spaced apart our equipment to the following pieces:
- 6 walk/run treadmills
- 4 elliptical walk/run
- 1 step machine
- 1 elliptical, recumbent
- 1 arc trainer
- 1 indoor spin bicycles (Keiser)
- 3 indoor bicycles, recumbent position
- 3 indoor bicycle, upright position
- 1 adaptive motion trainer (Precor)
- Free weights and adjustable benches
- Strength-training machines for upper and lower body (LifeFitness)
- Functional training props
Exercise Room | Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
6:30 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
*Personal training available outside of the exercise room hours
Please note hours may change on statutory holidays.
Please note Exercise Room closes 30 mins earlier than the building and the centre.
Exercise Room: New fees (incl. tax) from May 8
10 Visit Card
1 Month Pass
3 Month Pass
6 Month Pass
12 Month Pass
- Passes are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- We do not suspend passes.
- There is a $2 charge for replacement passes.
Kerrisdale Exercise Room Passes as well as the 10 Visit Pass can be used for online session registration and drop ins. To ensure you will be fully prepared to preregister you must have your exercise room pass reactivated.
Reactivate your pass by:
– Email: KerrisdaleCommunityCentre@vancouver.ca
– By Phone: 604.257.8100
How to Register
- Pre-register at noon up to 3 days in advance and preregistration ends 30 mins before session
Online: vancouver.ca/fitness | By phone: 604.257.8100 | In-person
- Pre-registration (20) spots & (4) drop-ins spots per session time
What You Need to Know Before You Arrive
- Come workout ready!
- Arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before session start.
- Washroom available.
- Leave all valuables at home. Wallet lockers available.
- Bring your own bottle. Water fill station available.
- Change rooms and lockers available.
DO NOT BE LATE
If you do not arrive at your intake time, you will NOT be refunded. If the session has not sold out, you may enter.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Wait outside at 42nd entrance to be checked in.
- Follow guidelines from staff.
- Scan Pass.
- Enjoy a safe workout.
- Clean equipment before/after use.
- Online: through your account at vanrec.ca by 11:59pm the day before your session.
- Phone: 604.257.8100 | In-person requests must be submitted by 3:00pm the day before your session or by Friday 3:00pm for weekend sessions.
- Online Session Withdrawal Help-Guide (download pdf here) 3MB.
Personal Training Sessions are Available
These are perfect for starting out in our exercise room, adding variety to your program, rehabilitating from an injury or improving sport specific athletic performance.
To arrange for personal training, get a Personal Training Request form from the front desk.