Kerrisdale Exercise Room
Located in the Kerrisdale Community Centre at 5851 West Boulevard Vancouver, B.C.
(Corner of West Boulevard and West 42nd Avenue)
Exercise Room Fees, Registration and Hours
Exercise Room Description:
The Kerrisdale Community Centre Society is pleased to re-open their Exercise Room effective Tuesday, February 9.
To encourage physical distancing, we are:
- Reducing the number of people who can visit at one time
- Creating timed exercise room sessions (45 minutes)
- Selling sessions online for exercise room sessions
- Ensuring equipment is cleaned after every use
- Completing a Deep Clean from 10:30 am – 11:15 am
- Creating (5) different work out zones – Maximum time limit in each is 30 min
Masks are mandatory in our facilities at all times. Masks may be temporarily removed when participating in sports and fitness. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided at the front desk.
Exercise Room: New hours from Feb 9
Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun
6:45am-7:30am | 7:45am-8:30am | 8:45am-9:30am | 9:45am-10:30am
Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun
DEEP CLEAN 10:30am-11:15am
11:15am-12:00pm | 12:15pm-1:00pm | 1:30pm-2:15pm
*Personal training available outside of the exercise room hours
- Please note hours may change on statutory holidays.
- Please note Exercise Room closes 30 mins earlier than the building and the centre.
Exercise Room: New fees (incl. tax) from Feb 9
10 Visit Card
1 Month Pass
3 Month Pass
6 Month Pass
12 Month Pass
- Passes are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- We do not suspend passes.
- There is a $2 charge for replacement passes.
Kerrisdale Exercise Room Passes as well as the 10 Visit Pass can be used for online session registration and drop ins. To ensure you will be fully prepared to preregister you must have your exercise room pass reactivated.
Reactivate your pass by:
By Phone: 604.257.8100
Reactivating your Kerrisdale Community Centre Exercise Room Pass will:
- Give you the time remaining on your pass as of March 16, 2020
- Take up to 5 business days (check your vancouver.ca account for the status of your request)
- Provide you with access to:
- Book the exercise room sessions 3 days in advance
- Non-reserved drop-in spots
How to Register
- Pre-register at noon up to 3 days in advance and preregistration ends 30 min before session
Online: vancouver.ca/fitness | By phone: 604.257.8100 | In-person
- Pre-registration -14 spaces.
- Drop-in – first come/first serve – 4 spaces.
What You Need to Know Before You Arrive
- Come workout ready!
- Arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before session start.
- Washroom available.
- Leave all valuables at home. Wallet lockers available.
- Bring your own bottle. Water fill station available.
- Change room and lockers not available.
DO NOT BE LATE
If you do not arrive at your intake time, your reservation will be made available to the drop-ins. You will NOT be refunded. If the session has not sold out, you may enter.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
1. Wait outside at 42nd entrance to be checked in.
2. Follow guidelines from staff.
3. Scan Pass or pay for drop-in.
4. Enjoy a safe workout.
5. Clean equipment before/after use.
6. Exit via marked doorways.
Only available when requested by 3pm on the day before your session (by Friday 3pm for weekend sessions).
Fitness Equipment (Work Out Zones Pictured)
We have created (5) Different Work Out Zones – Please adhere to posted room capacities, if occupancy has been met – please use a different zone. See staff for more direction if needed.
Due to COVID-19 safety measures, we have reduced and spaced apart our equipment to the following pieces:
· 2 walk/run treadmills
· 4 elliptical walk/run
· 1 step machine
· 1 elliptical, recumbent
· 1 arc trainer
· 1 indoor spin bicycles (Keiser)
· 1 indoor bicycles, recumbent position
· 2 indoor bicycle, upright position
· 1 adaptive motion trainer (Precor)
· Free weights and adjustable benches
· Strength-training machines for upper and lower body (LifeFitness)*
· Functional training props
*Strength-training machines will be rotated on a daily basis due to spacing limitations
Personal Training Sessions are Available
These are perfect for starting out in our exercise room, adding variety to your program, rehabilitating from an injury or improving sport specific athletic performance.
To arrange for personal training, get a Personal Training Request form from the front desk.