Welcome to the Kerrisdale Community Centre.
We have many functional spaces available for rent.
Some of the uses for the facilities include:
- Wedding Receptions
- Sporting Events
- Special Events
- Music and dance recitals
How do you rent a room at Kerrisdale Community Centre?
Let us know your requirements. If suitable facilities are available, you will be asked to fill in a rental contract and pay a refundable deposit to reserve the space.
The total rental fee is due two weeks prior to the rental date.
To check room availability and submit an online request you may use this link:
What equipment is available?
Depending on the number of people and availability, we provide table, chairs, coffee urns and flip charts (no paper). There is a whiteboard available in most of the rooms as well. Some rooms also have access to kitchen space for an additional fee. Additional equipment needs can be discussed with staff.
Can food and alcohol be served?
Yes. A permit must be purchased from the BC Liquor Control Board if you plan to serve alcohol. Information regarding Special Event Liquor Permits can be found here.
Anyone serving liquor at your event must have a Special Event Server certificate. City of Vancouver by-laws do not permit food to be prepared on site. However, licensed caterers can be used. Our facilities allow prepared food to be kept warm or cold.
Kerrisdale Community Centre has a parking lot on 42nd Avenue that provides direct access to the Seniors Centre and the Main Centre.
Street parking is also available in the area.
Further Rentals Information
- All rentals are subject to the approval of the Kerrisdale Community Centre Society. Prices include GST.
- Note: Block rate applies to all rooms – a 4-hour rental gets a $25 discount.
- Set up and take down of tables etc. must be done by the tenant within the hours of the rental.
- Staff supervision fees of $37.00/hour (min. 2 hours) are charged on rentals taking place after the Centre’s closing time (9:30 pm Monday to Friday, 6:30 pm Saturday to Sunday) and must include set-up and take down time.
- A deposit of $75 for small gatherings, or $300 for large parties, is required when booking. This is held as a security deposit and will be refunded within 2 weeks of the rental, less any claims for damage or extra time.
- The KCC Society is required by law to collect SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) fees for all rental groups that play or perform copyrighted music. ($70 with dancing, $35 without dancing).
- The full terms and conditions of the rental are detailed on the back of the Rental Agreement Contract.