Join the KCCS Board of Directors!
The Board of Directors of the Kerrisdale Community Centre Society (KCCS) is looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team in the capacity of Board Members at Large. The KCCS promotes diversity and inclusion and reflects the community it serves.
Founded in 1943, the Kerrisdale Community Centre Society, in cooperation with the City of Vancouver Parks Board staff, is responsible for determining the budget, providing recreational programs & activities, and setting policies regarding operations at the Centre.
Joining KCCS Board of Directors, Provides You:
- The chance to expand your network working with a diverse group of individuals on the board.
- A unique opportunity to leverage your skill set and give back to your community at the same time.
- Opportunities to develop collaborative, team working skills with a group of highly established peers.
- Opportunity to develop small group conversation and presentation skills.
- Exposure to budgets, strategic planning, and revenue generation.
Time Commitment & Requirements:
The board meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM. All elected board of directors are required to attend at least two standing or ad hoc committee meetings. For most Board members, the time commitment is 6-to-8 hours per month. This opportunity allows you to reap maximum benefits with a minimum time commitment.
All in all, this is a perfect opportunity to learn new skills, make social connections, and be involved in your community!
To Apply: Please attach a short resume describing your community interests and any other board experience HERE or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org