Are you missing your favourite Kerrisdale instructors? They miss you too.
Here’s how you can connect with some of our popular instructors while we wait for the City to reopen our community centre.
50 UP! with Joyce Resin
The unique Callanetics exercise method promotes deep muscle tone throughout the entire body increasing flexibility, strength and improving posture. Using a combination of mat work and ballet bar work, precise positioning and tiny movements, Callanetics exercises tighten, tone and lift muscles fast. You lose inches and you feel great!
GAME READY – Fast & Fit Kids:
The focus of Game Ready programs are to ensure kids are developing skills that will be a benefit in all sports and activities. Coach Dino Geremia invites kids to take part in free workout videos for children and youth with high profile coaches every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 3:00 pm click here to view.
KARATE – Butokukan Canada:
We are reaching out to all our students and currently working on a virtual solution to allow us to meet for training tips, and Martial Arts related questions.
Students and parents with questions may reach Sensei Harry for details.
Let’s Boost Reading – One to One Reading Out Loud:
30 minute weekly classes , to be held via Zoom.
MAD SCIENCE – for Preschoolers:
Virtual Summer and Vacation Camps through Zoom will begin July 29 and will give children an opportunity to learn about science and do experiments from home. Learn more about our online programs from our website here.
Additionally, we have partnered with Solaro, an online tutoring organisation that provides thousands of online practice questions and tests for students in grades 3 to 12, with a focus on Math, English and Science. Use promo code VIRTUALVAN to save 25% off a subscription.
MUSIC TOGETHER – Online Classes: (Families with children newborn to 5 yrs+)
- Since Music Together’s inception over 30 years ago, the utmost value has been placed on in-person, community-oriented music classes. We believe that is the best way to experience music…TOGETHER! However, we now find ourselves in an unprecedented time where we are being asked to stay home for the safety of others around us.Let us continue to bring The Joy of Family Music® making into your living room, while keeping the ‘together’ in Music Together. We offer weekly interactive Music Together classes on Zoom with supporting videos and the current CD and Songbook! Registration is open for the Summer term. Visit us here for details, cost and registration.
- For those who have taken Music Together before, there’s a Music Together Alumni Families Facebook Group for Sing Alongs and Mini Class videos.
- Check out our free sing along videos and fun music posts for everyone via the West Side Music Together Facebook Page
THE OPERA ZONE – Welcome opera lovers!
Gerard Satamian has prepared a series of videos, mostly singers and instrumentalists that have performed in past “live” Opera Zone concerts at the Kerrisdale Community Centre. Additionally, he has included balcony songs from his home in Vancouver where he has been performing every day at 7 pm as a “thank you” to our essential and healthcare workers.
Sit back, enjoy and share these recordings, which we will bring you each month until the centre re-opens here.
“We hope it won’t be too long before we get together again, on the first Sunday of the month to perform live at the Kerrisdale Community Centre – Gerard.”
TAP for Beginners:
Instructor of the Tap Happy program, Beryl Israel, has posted some YouTube links to help you continue tapping, learning and revising steps.
Instructor Joseph Young has provided links to some YouTube ukulele teachers that he thinks do an excellent job. Here are a few of Joe’s favourite online resources:
- Ukulele Zen – Stu Fuchs takes a gentle and thorough approach to a variety of styles and difficulty levels. Joe’s personal top choice.
- The Ukulele Teacher – not as technique focused as Ukulele Zen, but he has a huge catalogue of guided play-a-longs that are super fun.
- Cynthia Lin – another great teacher with lots of material to explore.