Communicable Disease Health & Safety Practices
NOTE: The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
- Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre.
- The use of masks is recommended indoors for people 12 years of age and older and who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Staff, program participants, and the public may wish to continue wearing a mask for some time – please respect this choice and be aware of others’ personal space.
- Registration and payment is required for most programs to help reduce the capacity to allow for physical distancing. Limited drop-ins may be permitted.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your program time. Patrons may be required to line up prior to entering the facility.
- If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate due to illness they should contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
Find a Program & Register
Kerrisdale offers an amazing variety of programs for people of all ages, in person and online, a few hours one day or weekly for a few months. Whether you’re interested in sports, arts, fitness, health and wellness, education, or personal development, we’ve got something for you.
To find the right In-person or Online program for you, follow these easy steps:
- Click on “Any Category” below and check the drop-down menu for a category that interests you. NOTE that online and in-person programs are listed in separate categories.
- You can filter the program options by age group, day of week or time of day. Click on each box and select the best option for you. A nil result means no program fits all your specifications; try different options. NOTE: some programs have current and future start dates; scroll down the list to find all possibilities.
- When you have selected a program, click on the Register for Program button.
- 3 a) For In-Person Programs you will land on the City of Vancouver program registration page. You can also register for In-Person Programs during normal operating hours by telephone at 604-257 8100 ext.1 or in person at the Community Centre.
- 3 b) For Online Programs you will land on the Kerrisdale Thinkific Registration platform. To register, you will need to create a Thinkific account if you do not already have one. You can only register for Online Programs online. Information about registering for Online Programs is available at KerrisdaleOnline@gmail.com; allow 24 hours for a response. Please do not telephone the Community Centre.