The Kerrisdale Community Centre Society will be hosting a Park Board All-Candidates Meeting on Monday, October 3, 7-9 p.m, in the centre’s auditorium. Listen to what the candidates have to say, ask questions and also have your own say on what you’d like to see in our parks, playing fields and community centres in the future.
Make an informed choice during Vancouver’s October 15 civic election by attending this important free meeting. And be sure to register to vote.
Each candidate (see list below) will be given two minutes to respond to the following question:
How would you describe the role of the community centre in Vancouver and, if elected to Park Board, how would you support and strengthen community centres’ role?
Questions from the audience will follow the candidates’ presentation.
- NPA: Jason Upton, Olga Zarudina
- Green: Tom Digby, Patricia Riley
- Vision Vancouver: John Irwin, Carla Frenkel
- COPE: Maira Hassan, Gwen Giesbrecht
- OneCity: Serena Jackson, Caitlin Stockwell
- VOTE Socialist: Andrea Pinochet-Escudero
- TEAM: Kathleen Larsen, Tricia Barker
- ABC: Angela Haer, Scott Jensen
- Independent: Steven Craig
See the full list of Vancouver Election candidates, including the 32 for Park Board commissioner, here.
Other Park Board All-Candidate Meetings
If you can’t make it to the October 3 KCCS meeting, mark your calendar for one of the other all-candidates meetings being held at various Vancouver community centres:
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre: September 23, evening
- West End Community Centre: September 27, 6-9 p.m.
- Hastings Community Centre: September 29, 7 p.m.
- West End Community Centre : October 4, 6-9 p.m.
- VBGA (VanDusen Botanical Garden): October 12, 7-9 p.m.