COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT – p/time
The Kerrisdale Community Centre is one of the busiest in Vancouver. The part-time Communications Assistant is a new position developed to help the Kerrisdale Community Centre Society communicate effectively with over 3,000 patrons and raise our profile in the community. Duties of the position include maintaining our social media sites and the currency of our website, preparation of regular and special purpose communication channels, and production of a quarterly program brochure using an established format.
The Communications Assistant will monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies and prepare any presentations the Society wishes to make to internal or external audiences. The Assistant will also advise the Society’s communication committee on everything relating to the centre’s communications.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written English; ability to speak and write in Mandarin would be an advantage
- Ability to develop and advise the Society on a communication plan
- Ability to develop and execute an effective social media strategy
- Post-secondary education in Communications or Journalism
- Proficiency with Word, WordPress, Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, software design program
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to quickly learn on the job
- At least two years in a similar role
- Aptitude with still and video photography
- Excellent time management ability
POSITION DETAILS: This position is 20 hours/week, mostly off-site, with a salary range of $23,000 – $26,000/year; some benefits are provided. Send application with resume to email@example.com