Kerrisdale Youth Leader application
A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM FOR OUR LEADERS OF TOMORROW
Kerrisdale Community Centre is looking for creative and energetic leaders to join our Youth Leaders Team, a volunteer program aimed to help youths develop leadership qualities and skills that will aid them through university and professional careers.
The volunteer position runs from October 2019 to June 2020. You will be working with the Youth Leader/Supervisor, along with fellow volunteers to develop and host events in the Kerrisdale community.
- Applicants must be ages 14-19 years old or be grade 8-12;
- Be willing to commit, get trained and help develop programs
- Be available to meet weekly on Tuesdays after school for youth meetings
- Be willing to attend seasonal events on the weekends or outside of meeting times;
- Be able to work with other youths as a team and under the supervision KCC Staff;
- Interested in gaining leadership development, interpersonal skills, and stepping outside your comfort zone.
- Opportunity to make new friends and connections
- Experience new and fun activities
- Gain excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment (great assets to put on University applications or job resumes)
- Receive volunteer hours and reference letter upon completion
- Give back to the community
Click here for the application or you can pick up a hard copy at the main office in early September. Deadline to submit applications is October 4, 2019.