A Volunteer Program OUR for YOUTH Leaders of Tomorrow
Kerrisdale Community Centre is looking for creative and energetic leaders to join our Youth Leaders Team, a volunteer program aimed to help youths develop leadership qualities and skills that will aid them through university and professional careers.
The volunteer position runs from September 2018 to June 2019. You will be working with the Youth Leader/Supervisor, along with fellow volunteers to develop and host events in the Kerrisdale community that promote the idea of sustainable living.
- Applicants must be ages 14-19 years old or be grade 8-12;
- Be willing to commit, get trained and help develop programs on sustainable living;
- Be available to meet weekly on Tuesdays from 5:00PM to 7:00PM for youth meetings
- Be willing to attend events on the weekends or outside of meeting times;
- Be able to work with other youths as a team and under the supervision KCC Staff;
- Interested in gaining leadership development, interpersonal skills, and stepping outside your comfort zone.
- Opportunity to make new friends and connections
- Experience new and fun activities
- Gain excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment (great assets to put on University applications or job resumes)
- Receive volunteer hours and reference letter upon completion
- Give back to the community
Applications will be available online at www.kerrisdalecc.com or you can pick up a hard copy at the main office.
Deadline to submit applications is September 21, 2018. Download application here.