A Volunteer Program for our YOUTH Leaders of Tomorrow
Kerrisdale Community Centre is looking for creative and energetic leaders to join our Youth Leaders Team, a volunteer program aimed to help youths develop leadership qualities and skills that will aid them through university and professional careers.
The volunteer position runs from September 2018 to June 2019. You will be working with the Youth Leader/Supervisor, along with fellow volunteers to develop and host events in the Kerrisdale community that promote the idea of sustainable living.
- Applicants must be ages 14-18 years old or be grade 8-12;
- Willing to commit volunteer hours, undergo training and help with special events;
- Is available on Tuesday nights for youth meetings;
- Be willing to attend events on the weekends or outside of meeting times;
- Ability to work with other youth as a team under the supervision of KCC staff;
- Interested in gaining leadership development, interpersonal skills, and stepping outside your comfort zone.
- Network with other youth and make new friends
- Grow as an individual by gaining valuable life experiences
- Learn leadership skills, teamwork and critical thinking
- Give back to the Kerrisdale community
Deadline to submit applications has been extended to September 25, 2018. Download application here.